Miss Connecticut’s Princess Camp
This program is designed for girls & boys 12 and under who are looking to improve upon skills that promote self-confidence and poise and find mentoring from today’s young teen leaders.
- Team up with a Miss Connecticut’s Outstanding Teen or Miss Connecticut contestant and learn her secrets to success!
- Enjoy the spotlight as you take the stage in a high energy production number during the Miss Connecticut State Pageant! The Princesses will have their own production number during the Final Night Show and an onstage appearance during the preliminary shows.
- Spend time with Miss Connecticut 2017, Eliza Lynne Kanner and Miss Connecticut’s Outstanding Teen 2017, Brooke Eve Cyr
- Princess/Prince Photo will appear in the Miss Connecticut 90th Anniversary Souvenir Program Book
Platinum Package: $350.00
Includes the following:
- Badge and season ticket to the 2018 Miss Connecticut & Miss Connecticut’s Outstanding Teen Pageant for the Princess/Prince and One (1) Parent/Chaperone.
- Official MAO Princess 4 Point Crown & Official Princess Sash (Prince will receive royal crown & sash)
- Participation in High Energy Production Number & additional stage appearance at 2018 State Pageant
- Performance Attire (Shirt) – You will be required to purchase shorts and supply sneakers
- One (child) ticket to the 90th Anniversary Miss Connecticut Gala
- Crowning Celebration & 90th Anniversary Gala: April 13, 2018 – Aria Banquet Facility, Prospect
- Production Rehearsals: Dates will be announced early January 2018
- Miss Connecticut’s Outstanding Teen & Miss Connecticut Pageant: June 7th, 8th & 9th, 2018
- The Palace Theatre, Waterbury
New This Year
- Crown Credit – If you have an official MAO Princess or Prince crown from previous participation, you can reuse it and apply a $50.00 credit toward the Platinum package, reducing the price to $300.00
- Sibling Discount – Reducing the cost for the Platinum package to $250.00 for 2nd Child
- We will distribute 2018 Princess & Prince Sashes at 2 times Mid December & Mid March. All crowns will be distributed at the April 13th Gala & Crowning
In Action Awards 2018
The first ever “Princess in Action” Award was presented to our very own Emma Goldsberry for her volunteer service at the 2016 Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Pageant. Connecticut’s 2017 Princess in Action award will be presented to one member of the 2018 Princess Camp. The “Princess In Action” celebrates the Princesses currently participating in community service, as well as learning from local business and community leaders to develop self-confidence and leadership skills.
We believe that community service is a great way to give back to the communities we have grown to love, and we are proud to be able to recognize one individual and reward them for their efforts in their community.
Princesses are asked to submit a 500-word essay by May 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining her community service, why it is important to her and talking about how she worked to integrate it into her community. We know our Princesses are truly our leaders of tomorrow and represent the best and the brightest of young women today. The Miss Connecticut Scholarship Organization is here to help these exceptional young women to not only reach for their goals – but to achieve them. The finalists for these the awards will be selected by a committee. The finalists will have a short personal interview during pageant week with a panel of judges.
Here is what our committee will look for in the essays:
- Is the Princess actively involved in her platform?
- Does she work her plan or is it just an idea that “she would LIKE or Plan to do”.
- How much time does she devote to her platform?
- How long has she been involved with her platform?
- Does she involve others (peers, family, community, etc.)?
- Has she developed “hands on” procedures to promote her platform?
Here is what the judges will look for in the interview:
- How knowledgeable is she about her issue?
- Look for specific actions she has taken to develop her platform and ask about them.
- What is your overall impression of her presentation?
- Does she speak with passion and conviction?
The recipient of this award will be announced at the Miss Connecticut Pageant