BECOME A MISS CANDIDATE
Gain experience through interviews, public speaking, talent, promoting your social impact initiative, social media promotion, and compete for the title of Miss Connecticut!
How to Get Started:
The first step to becoming Miss Connecticut is to enter and win a local competition. Local competitions are held throughout the state. Once you win a local title, you qualify to advance to the Miss Connecticut Competition held each year in April.
HOW TO ENTER A LOCAL COMPETITION:
1) The first step is to register on this registration link. Click HERE.
2) After you register, you will receive information on how to register with a specific local organization. A permanent link to that information can be found HERE.
3) Then, you need to complete the following three documents and submit them to the local director of the preliminary competition of your choice.
Social Impact Statement:
After that, you are official registered to compete in a local competition! During that competition, you will compete in four phases of competition.
Phases of Competition:
Private Interview with Panel of Judges
Talent (90 seconds)
On-Stage Interview / Social Impact Pitch
Red Carpet (Evening Wear)
Good luck in chasing your dream to earn scholarships and become Miss Connecticut!
Age & Education
- Candidate (1) must be at least nineteen (19) years of age as of December 31st in the calendar year of the State Competition in which she competes; (2) Must not be older than twenty-six (26) years of age as of December 31st of the year of the State Competition in which she competes.
- For the avoidance of doubt, a candidate cannot turn twenty-seven (27) years of age at any time during the calendar year in which she will compete at state.
- Grandfather Exemption: For 2022 State and Local Agreements ONLY: Since age eligibility was revised after the start of the 2022 state & local competition season, Candidates who are eighteen (18) years of age on or after July 31, 2022 (the year of the State Competition) are eligible to compete in the Miss program, as long as the Candidate is also a high school graduate or equivalent by July 31, 2022. Please note, this exemption will not be in effect for the 2023 State & Local Competition season.
Must fulfill ONE of the following:
Must reside in the state of competition
Be enrolled in and physically attending classes on a full-time basis at an accredited college or university;
Or be employed on a full-time basis in the state in which she intends to compete.
Must be a citizen of the United States of America
Additional Miss Program Requirements
Candidates must meet all additional requirements pursuant to the Miss America State and Local Application & Agreement: Full Miss Program Requirements